A fan forum started by Amy Lee after EvBoard transitioned to paid-only access due to cost issues and lack of band interest. Amy, Tim McCord, Rocky Gray and Terry Balsamo posted to the forum while it was still in operation. The forum closed in July 2012.
In August 2010, Sam Smith claimed that lawyers working for Evanescence singer Amy Lee forced him to sign a non-disclosure agreement that prevented him from reporting what he alleged to be drug offenders and pedophiles on the EvThreads forum to the authorities. In November 2011, John Hemming created a motion in Parliament in support of Smith's claims that received the support of Mike Hancock and Peter Bottomley. In July 2012, Hemmings presented a petition to Parliament in support of Smith's claims. Smith's claims resulted in Anonymous targeting Amy Lee and the closure of EvThread.com.
As of January 3, 2011:
- Threads: 11,516
- Posts: 1,079,129
- Members: 11,463
- Active Members: 845
- Admins: cagtane, freshbreak, Gaile, sparkart
- Board Moderators: Carmen, DeMarzi, FivebyFive, Gunn, Gyakusetsu, Hollee, lowercountry, LuckyStar, McBunbunz, PaleIsBeautiful, Sas, Sithis, Dan
- "We are deeply saddened by the temporary close of Evthreads". July 25, 2012. Twitter.
- Lee, Amy (August 8, 2009). "Hey guys". EvThreads.
- Lee, Amy (October 1, 2009). "questions questions everywhere and not a drop to speak". EvThreads.
- Lee, Amy (June 21, 2010). "What's up". EvThreads.
- Zhao, Wenjia (2012-07-25). "Anonymous Targets Amy Lee And Wind-Up Records In Operation PedoChat". Forbes. Retrieved 2015-07-22.
- Cardew, Ben (2012-09-04). "Evanescence targeted by online hackers Anonymous over child pornography allegations". NME. Retrieved 2015-07-22.
- Renshaw, David (2012-09-05). "Evanescence targeted over child pornography claims". Gigwise. Retrieved 2015-07-22.
- Sciarretto, Amy (2012-09-05). "Evanescence Singer Amy Lee Targeted by Hacking Group". Noisecreep. Retrieved 2015-07-22.
- Zanotti, Marc (2012-09-05). "Anonymous Target Evanescence Singer Amy Lee Over Child Pornography Allegations". Music Feeds. Retrieved 2015-07-22.
- CMU Editorial (2012-09-05). "Evanescence draw fire from Anonymous after online paedophilia cover-up accusations". Complete Music Update. Retrieved 2015-07-31.
- Hilton, Perez (2012-09-05). "Evanescence Singer Enabled Child Pornography?!". PerezHilton.com. Retrieved 2015-07-22.
- "Early day motion 2394 - EVANESCENCE, SCHILLINGS, SAM SMITH AND THE RULE OF LAW". parliament.uk. 2011-11-08. Retrieved 2015-07-22.
- Hemmings, John (2012-07-17). "House of Commons Hansard Written Answers for 17 July 2012 (pt 0001)". parliament.uk. Retrieved 2015-07-22.