- This article is about the song. For the album of the same name, see Lost Whispers.
"Lost Whispers" is an introduction song on the EP Lost Whispers. It was originally a song that played only as an introduction on a pair of one-off Evanescence shows in 2009, but was officially released in 2017 as part of The Ultimate Collection, a vinyl collection of their three previously released studio albums, one previously unreleased album, and a collection of B-sides titled Lost Whispers, of which this song was the title track.
The song was originally used as a intro on Evanescence's 2009 shows in order to give an idea to the fans of the electronic-influenced sound the band would approach on the original project of their third album. Initial recording sessions for the album took place in a New York studio from February to April 2010, but were scrapped by the label. This scrapped album is referred to as "broken record" by Amy.
This is what Amy had to say about this track during its first appearance in 2009:
Kind of like a prayer to reconnect to the old music, my old self. Calling it all back to me.
I'm glad we were able to use at least just a minute of new music. Terry and I wrote that a few months ago and its been in the "half done" bin for awhile. I think it turned into a beautiful intro.
- ↑ Listen to the live version here.
- ↑ Exclusive: Amy Lee on the New Evanescence Album (March 5, 2010)
- ↑ MSR Studios Hosts Kid Cudi, Evanescence, Lloyd Banks, + Cast Recordings (May 21, 2010)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 EVANESCENCE's AMY LEE Releases Cover Version Of CHRIS ISAAK's 'Baby Did A Bad, Bad Thing (December 15, 2015)
- ↑ "Amy on EvThreads: Intro Lyrics". 2009. Amy-l.net.